Monday, February 22, 2010

We're not in Chambana anymore...

The past few days have been fairly normal. I would think I was in Champaign-Urbana except for the things that remind me that I’m in Ireland:
  1.  When I type in “www.google.com” I go to Google Ireland and they offer to translate it into Gaelic.
  2. I don’t recognize nor do I care about anyone on the tabloids. Can they please get some Jon and Kate updates?
  3. Legally I can buy alcohol.
  4. The library closes. In Chambana we are very studious and the library is always open, but here it is not even open on Sundays.
  5. I can enjoy all the Cadbury chocolate I want.
  6. A song will come on and everyone will start singing and I have never heard it before.
  7. I frequently get called “love.” Not by cute Irish boys but by the lady at the post office and other adults. It’s like something out of Oliver Twist.
  8. Jay-Z is pronounced “Jay-Zed” because the last letter of the alphabet is pronounced “zed.”
  9. London and Paris are weekend trips.

And speaking on traveling I have been researching Spring Break a lot over the last few days. I also have three, yes three, presentations on Wednesday that I had to prepare for. I have a presentation on India for Cross-Cultural Management, which is fairly simple if it weren’t for the fact that my group (Dutch, French, Spanish) lacks communication and organizational skills. We’ll see if we end up with a decent presentation considering no one emails anyone else. I’m the annoying one because I’m addicted to gmail and send 3 a day. My next presentation is a case for International Marketing. My group (American, French, 2 Irish) is good at getting things done and I think it will work well. Lastly, I have a presentation on Robert Emmet for Irish history and that is a class of only Americans. I think the project is already done so we should be in good shape.

Tonight Laura and I had tacos for dinner and now I am gchatting and working on homework like in Chambana. We also sang "Party in the USA" while making the tacos, another hint of Champaign-Urbana. Tomorrow I’m going into the city to find adventure (and do some shopping)!

No comments:

Post a Comment