Monday, March 22, 2010

Vienna- Night 1

Time to conquer another world capital!

After a very pleasant train ride we arrived in Vienna to have my frat brother Alyssa waiting for me with another Illini Diana. I was so happy to see them and they were sweet enough to write directions to Stacy and Laura’s hostel for them. Jen was going to stay in a hostel but instead reconnected with a family friend from the Yukon who is now living in Vienna.

Alyssa, Brittany, me- Brothers

Brittany and I headed with Alyssa back to her dorm and on the way stopped for a döner sandwich, which is like a kebab, at a cart. There is nothing better than food from a stand in the city and the sandwich was seriously good. We settled in to Alyssa’s place and caught up a bit before I had to go pick Stacy and Laura up from the subway station. Once they got there we headed over to another dorm room and hung out with some of the other U of I kids before heading to Alyssa’s favorite club, The Prater Dome. It was Lady’s Night and we had a great time. It also hit me for the first time while I was dancing and the DJ talked in German that I was having the most unbelievable week of my life doing things I never thought I would do.

We took a taxi back to the dorms around 2 and quickly fell asleep after having a busy last couple of days. Brittany and I both slept on the floor with a blanket and our towels stuffed in pillow cases for our heads. Talk about roughing it, but I couldn’t complain because I was having the best Spring Break ever (and now I can brag about how rough and tough I am). 

No comments:

Post a Comment