Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small Adventures

My life has calmed down a great deal since the month that was Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day, and the arrival of Carolyn and Kristina but that doesn't mean I don't have small adventures.

Small Adventure 1: Yesterday I had to take the bus into town in order to use the Wifi in a McDonald's. I had to submit a scholarship application and for some reason I could not get to their server from the UCD network. I braved the Dublin rain and got my scholarship in while munching on some "twisty fries." I plan on writing Micky D's and suggest they bring those bad boys to America.

Small Adventure 1.5: Laura was in the city as well and texted me so we could meet up at McDonald's. She had to go into town to get a new boot for her poor injured foot but all the medical supply stores were out of her size. I guess a lot of people with her size foot have stress fractures too. We decided to try the Crunchie Bar McFlurry. For those of you who don't know, Crunchie Bars are my new favorite Cadbury chocolate bar which consists of this honeycomb like thing covered in chocolate. Very tasty. They were on sale for Easter and I bought more than I care to disclose.

Small Adventure 2: I made Thai curry for dinner last night (and had the leftovers today). This is about the fourth time that I have made it since I've been in Dublin because it is a fairly easy and hardy dish but yesterday was the most successful attempt due in part to the fact that I found baby corn. I also added potatoes, green beans, and chicken, not to mention rice; it's a Thai stew of sorts.

Last night I danced/sang in my room to a medley of songs from Sweeney Todd and Billy Elliot, but that's not so much an adventure as a habit.

Small Adventure 3: Today it snowed in Dublin. I spent a lot of time doing work and avoiding work. Tonight my internet was acting up so I decided to work in the computer lab and put on comfy clothes to do it. Before we came here we were told not to look like Americans. Somehow I think my Fighting Illini sweatpants, Delta Sigma Pi sweatshirt and shirt, Northface, and Vera Bradley bag betrayed me in my attempts to look Irish. After working (or procrastinating) I came back to the apartment and me and Laura had some fried potatoes while chatting and singing a duet of "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment