Monday, March 1, 2010

International Experience

Yesterday the US lost to Canada in the Men's Hockey Final and I witnessed it- sitting with a bunch of Canadians in an Australia bar in Dublin.

My friend from class, Kayla, invited me to go downtown with her to watch the match with some of her friends and considering I have not watched a single minute of the Olympics I jumped at the opportunity. We went to an Australian sports bar, The Woolshed, down on Parnell Street. It was a nice place that was filled with Canadians. Even the bus going there was filled with Canadians. I guess this is like their big show that only comes around every four years so every Canadian in Dublin came out with their maple leaf apparel to watch it. We did have some US representation (I was also sitting with four other Americans) because one fellow American brought a US flag and hung it from one of the windows.

All in all, it was a priceless experience, even though the US lost in overtime and I had to listen to Canadians running up and down O'Connell Street screaming. And I got caught up on my WWE Wrestling because naturally one of the two televisions on the first floor was showing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment