Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hello Kristina and Carolyn!

I had some visitors from 'merica.

On Friday morning Kristina Connolly and Carolyn Wott, fellow Deltasigs, came to visit me in Dublin. After bringing their stuff into my room and showering we were ready to hit the city. We had planned on doing the New Europe tour of Dublin and found the tour at the meeting spot they said but it was done within an hour leading me to believe that we caught it halfway through. Curious that they would be at the start point at the exact time the other one was supposed to start but who knows. I tried to cover some of the other sights of Dublin for them, like Dublin Castle, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Christ Church Cathedral, and O’Connell Street but it would have been once to hear what the guide would have said. The hour we were on the tour was great though and I have a couple more stories about Bono. You know what they say, Dublin is a city of 1.3 million people and 3 million Bono stories.

After looking around the city we were dragging so we headed into the pub to listen to some music and relax. I wanted to find some nice traditional music but of course all I could find were guitarists playing “Wonderwall.” We settled down in The Quays Pub and talked it up with some English men there for a bachelor party. In Ireland you meet friends wherever you go.

At 6 Brittany and Laura came downtown to meet us for dinner, which we also had at The Quays. We talked and ate and then it was time to head back to UCD because we were pretty tired. Kristina and Carolyn hit the hay early while I stayed up and did some work. We had an early day tomorrow and had to be ready for adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I just finsihed reading all your blogs about Car and I's time with you in Ireland. It was soo cute. Made me smile. I too miss our slumber parties and girl talk. I am also glad my klutzyness didnt come about on the seaweed lol. Love you and miss you bunches, though I am sure you are grateful to have your room back! I just figured out how to become a followr of your blog, lol, before I had to go to an email to find the link, now I think I get email updates...? We will see! Have a brillant week :)

    ReplyDelete