Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Break Awaits!

Spring Break has come and although I am so excited to travel around Europe, it is bittersweet because I am almost halfway done with my semester abroad. But enough of that, let's talk about my upcoming trip!
Tomorrow I leave the UCD campus at around 8:30 am in order to catch the 11:45 flight out of Dublin Airport arriving in Berlin at 2:55. The first day I am just traveling with Brittany, Laura, and Stevie; Jen and Stacy are metting us in Berlin the next day.

The six of us leave Berlin very early on Tuesday 3/9 in order to get to Prague by 11:30. We're taking the train and it is supposed to be a very scenic trip. The first say we are just going to hang around Prague but on Wednesday at 1:00 we are traveling to Terezin Concentration camp. I have already started preparing myself emotionally.

We leave Prague at 2:30 on Thursday and head to Vienna by train. I am staying with my frat brother Alyssa there and don't have a lot planned.

After two days in Vienna we travel to Budapest by bus on the 13th of March and spend the next two days there, flying back to Dublin on March 15th, just in time for St. Patrick's Day. It is going to be an exhausting but amazing trip!

2 comments:

  1. Claire! You are doing such a fabulous job with this blog! I'm so impressed and love reading it. Your spring break sounds amazing. I can't wait to see you again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the readers of the blog, here's an excerpt from an email Claire sent me while in Berlin. Just a taste of Claire's sense of humor while she's traveling the world during her Spring Break:

    "My time on the computer is almost up but I will send another email shortly, preferably in a place that has a better keyboard and I donät have to pay to use the computer.

    Like seriously I can type crazy things like ä ß and ö. I cant find the question mark!"

    Haha! So funny, Claire. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your travels!

    ReplyDelete