Friday, March 19, 2010

Prague- Night 2

Touring Prague and Terezin made us work up an appetite and lucky for me the others were on board when I said I wanted some authentic Czech food.

We got off the bus and ended up going to a small restaurant that was serving only one other party. As we looked over the menu Jen bought us all drinks; by the way, she is the sweetest girl ever. I decided to get something that may or may not have been called the Prague Feast which included: bacon dumplings, potato dumplings, bread dumplings, duck, pork, smoked meat, and forcemeat with sauerkraut. Needless to say I still get made fun of for ordering a plate of meat but it was a good decision. The bacon dumpings were especially tasty.

As I was leaving the restaurant I spotted none other than…
A LAMB CAKE MOLD!

For those of you who don’t know, every Easter my family has a spice cake that is shaped like a lamb. When I was younger my great-aunt Lola used to make it but now my mother has the sacred duty. I never thought of lamb cakes as a Bohemian thing but it seems like my mom’s side of the family would fit right in living in Prague, which of course makes sense because they are Bohemian.

A couple nights in a row we put in a little too much for dinner and we had taken that excess to form a dessert fund which we used in Prague. We went over to Bohemia Bagel, a place we had gone on the walking tour, and got some delicious cheesecake and carrot cake with our seven euro. While sharing it we went around the tables and shared our “pits and peaks” for the day and the trip. This quickly became a tradition and every night we shared the best and the worst part of the day. We then talked about how amazing it was to be traveling and sharing this once in a lifetime experience with one another. Wolf pack love!


We had be bugged on numerous occasions to go out on the Prague Pub Crawl by guy that runs it and although we were feeling tired we decided to head out anyway; it was a great decision! The pub crawl started at Bohemia Bagel (I know, bagel places don’t usually make the best clubs) and then went over to the club across the street. The club wasn’t too crowded so we had plenty of room to bust a move. We had a great time just letting loose and dancing.

On the way back to our hotel another tradition was started- walking arm and arm. It must be a sight to see to see five girls strutting down the streets of Prague with their arms linked and it is a fond memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment