Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Student Pub

I just got back from the student pub at UCD. Yes, there is a pub on campus that is run by the school located next to the business building. I went there with Brittany, Stevie, and Stevie’s roommate Annemarie, who is from Ireland. There are a lot of Americans and other non-Irish in my dorm and I was excited to chat it up with Annemarie.

It was just a chill night listening to the Beatles cover band, who called themselves "The Classic Beatles." And when I say cover band they pretended it was 1967 and referred to themselves as John, Paul, George, and Ringo. They also wore wigs and various costumes, including the Sgt. Peppers jackets. I considered asking if Yoko was backstage but I thought it might be a touchy subject. It was a nice atmosphere and Brittany and I talked about our upcoming trip to London, Dsigs, and scoped out good-looking guys, which was fruitless.

I can call landlines with my skype although the connection is often very bad during high traffic times. I just called home to talk with my family and my dad told me to call back around 8 CST. We’ll see if I’m up at 2 am…

No comments:

Post a Comment