Friday, January 15, 2010

Tours

If you are curious, here is a tour of my apartment:






Stunning view from the sitting area. It's even more beautiful in person.



Does this building look familiar? It's the Quinn Business School which we think looks exactly like BIF.

Today after some more advising and orientation we went back to the city centre to explore a bit and buy more things to settle in. Here are some pictures from the trip:

This is a building in Dublin that was pretty. It has an arcade of shops inside.




St. Stephen's Green used to be a medievel commons but now is a park in Dublin.

Most of the houses in Dublin are brick and have colorful doors. When I ride the bus into the city centre all you see are rows of brightly colored doors. I had to get this one as the bus was stopped.


Typical Irish pub. Note the Guinness logos and Irish flag.

Tonight I am just staying in, along with my travel buddies. It had been a long couple of days of just settling in and getting used to the city and school. We have also gone grocery shopping everyday. It's so weird being in the store and not seeing familiar brands on the shelves. I wanted peanut butter but there was no Skippy, Jiff, and Peter Pan. I did however find a jar that said "american style." I do not know what that means because I went with the cheapest brand. Things are very expensive here. 1 euro equals approx. 1.5 USD. The only time I didn't buy the cheapest choice was when I was buying chicken tenders; that could be iffy.

Dublin Fact of the Day: The population of Dublin is 1.4 million.

2 comments:

  1. hi claire this blog thing is awsome! i watched julie and julia and your just like the girl who writes a blog except cooler. i miss you tons and your house thingy looks amazing, i was impressed at how clean your room was. hehe.

    love,
    audrey
    (my brother only wrote him and my mom on the followers thing but i'm following too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLAIRE! I know you posted this awhile ago, so I guess I'm assuming you've had the PB already... if you haven't, DON'T. At least as of 2005 (the last time I was in Ireland) that stuff IS NOT GOOD. I mean, they might have changed the recipe after all these years, but it was awful, it didn't even taste like peanuts... okay. On to reading your other entries... :)

    ReplyDelete