Monday, January 25, 2010

Roomies

It has been an extremely lazy Monday for me. I went to bed super early last night after all the craic of the weekend and woke up around 9:30 to start a day of watching TV online. I only had one class today, Financial Institutions Management, which didn't start until 3, so it was the perfect opportunity to catch up on Project Runway and watch some Ugly Betty (Zoe and Jessica, if you are reading this we need to talk about the Season 1 finale!) I found a great website, ProjectFree.tv, where you can find all sort of shows online. I had to do this because websites like Hulu or Fox Online won't stream video outside the US. I don't know why this is the case, but it is a struggle to find Tim Gunn's image and voice in high quality.

People have been asking me about my roomies and I would love to tell you everything I know about them, which is very little. It is a six bedroom apartment and we share a kitchen and sitting area, so contact is fairly limited. Here is the rundown:

Clare- Clare goes to Notre Dame and I see her most in the kitchen; we must have the same eating schedule. She is also studying business here. She is really nice and seems fun. There are 35 people from Notre Dame here so she mostly hangs out with them. We first became friends when I gave her ibuprofen for her hangover.

Kat- Kat goes to Holy Cross, which I believe is in Massachusetts. She was the first person I met here, but contact since then has been very little. She is nice too and we occasionally talk about the nightclubs of Dublin.

Lin Min- Lin Min is from Singapore and also studying business. She was really nice and once took pictures of me and everyone else while they were over before going out. It was a Herculean task considering she had to take one with each of our cameras, which was six. Lin Min is holding my mug ransom however. One day my cup went missing and I told Laura. A day later she said that she saw it going into Lin Min's room and it has not come out since. My bowl has also recently disappeared. I am all about sharing my dishes, but this isn't sharing as much as giving her my dishes.

Clararie (sp?)- She is a full time student here from France. I introduced myself once and once she told me that I looked good. That has been our only conversation, but considering 50% of the time she compliments me I really like her. (We have a lot of Claire variations in apartment 18.)

Laura- My newest Australian friend! We met the first day I was here at the shopping tour and it turned out we were roomies. She goes out with us all the time and is funny and sweet. Right now she is chilling in Amsterdam with another friend and next week she is going to Malaka, so I won't be seeing a lot of her in the next week, but she is planning on travelling with us during Spring Break.

That's the low down. I will try to keep you updated on the mug-napping. I may have to call my friend at the American Embassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment