Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spring Break in Eastern Europe

We booked our Spring Break trip! Here’s the plan:
We begin our odyssey by flying from Dublin to Berlin on Saturday, March 6. We’re going to spend some time there and probably go to a concentration camp while in Germany then head over to Prague. I am so excited about Prague because it looks like a fairytale. And it has a place called the Castle District, so I think I will fall in love with the city. And it is my homeland considering I am Bohemian. I already know some Czech; I can say “butt” and “bellybutton.” What else do you really need to say?

After Prague we travel to Vienna for some more sightseeing. I’m not exactly sure what is there, but there are more castles and palaces so I’m set. I also plan on buying a guidebook within the next week. And then Budapest! I am so glad that I’m making it over there because it looks amazing and I don’t know when I am ever going to be near Hungary again. And it has a place called Castle Hill (I see a theme emerging.)

We fly back to Ireland on Sunday the 15th so we are back in time for St. Patrick’s Day; how can I live in Dublin and not participate?

If anyone has any suggestions on places to see while in Eastern Europe I would love to hear them. I am so excited and just can’t wait to explore Europe with my new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment