Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Australia Day


Australia Day Celebration!

After an average day of one class Laura taught us how to celebrate Australia Day! One thing that has been great about being abroad is meeting Jen and Laura, from Canada and Australia, who have already shared so much about their homes. Laura had just arrived from a weekend in Amsterdam and was going to make us sausage, which is the typical fare for Aussie Day, but the Irish supermarkets did not have sausage to her standard, so we had a cook-out in our apartment which had an Australian flag hanging in it to show our love of everything Australian. I fried up some burgers in a skillet and the other four girls joined us for dinner. For dessert Laura made pavlovas, which was a meringue with whipped cream and strawberries on top. They were delicious and I hope she makes these every Tuesday.


Pavlovas

Laura just got back from Amsterdam and had plenty of stories for us, many of which I wish I never heard. She did, however, go to The Annex. Just hearing her talk about it evoked an emotion from me, so I don't think I can go there unless I have tranquilizers. We are discussing stopping at a concentration camp during our spring break tour of Eastern Europe (we're actually planning it now, but I needed a break from searching for hostels). As of right now the plan is to fly into Berlin and go through Prague, Vienna, and end in Budapest. I cannot wait, but it's not so fun looking at the costs piling up. Oh well.

That's all for today! I put in extra pictures because I know Rachel likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment