Monday, May 3, 2010

Rome- Day 4

We woke up with only a few more hours in Rome, so we checked out of the Alessandro Palace Hostel and hit the town. As I have mentioned before, I fell in love with the Trevi Fountain so we walked that direction stopping in souvenir shops on the way (where I got a watercolor print of the Trevi so I wouldn't miss it as much). I actually loved the fountain so much that at dinner the previous night I asked the waiter what the policy was for bathing/swimming in the Trevi. He said that they have close-circuit TV on it but he thought that as long as I didn't damage anything I would only get a slap on the wrist. Tempting...


I also bought some postcards and patches, my staple souvenirs.

After shopping we went to the cutest little restaurant on a side street by the fountain. There we ate lunch in the Mediterranean sunlight as the vespas sped past us. Again, I claimed that I was just going to get bruschetta because I had eaten so much pasta, but the pasta looked too good to resist so I got bruschetta AND pasta. I was carb-loaded my entire time in Italy.




After a lovely lunch we headed back to the hostel to get our bags and then walked to Roma Termini to catch our train to Florence. We bought tickets but had a little difficulty locating our train platform and had to run to catch the train. We did successfully make it on broad and were on our way to Florence, Italy!

Loving my life in Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment