Sunday, May 30, 2010

America's Pasttime

Yesterday for Grace's birthday we went to the Brewer's game with Grace's godfather, our Uncle Potter, and his fiancee, which was the perfect reintroduction to the United States. What says USA like a night at the baseball field (except maybe watching fireworks next to the Statue of Liberty while eating apple pie in an American flag shirt)? It was all the great things about America rolled into one, like hotdogs, the national anthem and comraderie. Of course, the things that I was most excited about was the large fountain drinks (in Europe you usually just get a small bottle of Coke for the same price). Once I go somewhere with free refills I will be in heaven.

Many times when I was about to talk at Miller Park I thought "Now they are going to know I'm American because of my dialect," but then I remembered that in the US most people talk like I do! No more feeling like a foreigner. Another thing that is going to take some getting used to in my American cell phone. The other day I couldn't figure out how to charge after more time not using my new phone than using it.

And the Brewer's beat the Mets. It was a good day at the ol' ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment