Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grace Has Arrived!

Grace left a rainy Chicago last night at about 10 pm after hours of delay and is now here with my in Ireland!

Because I had an exam today at noon I could not pick my little sister up from the airport for I had to enlist my great friends Laura and Stevie to do it. They even had a nice little "Grace" sign so that she knew who they were. Everything went according to plan and they three of them found each other and had lunch without me in the city centre. My Irish family and biological family has merged into one.

As I mentioned, I had a Cross-Cultural Management exam today that prevented me from meeting Gracie at the airport. I got to the exam facility and found me seat (the other day I sat in seat 2256!), pumped up on a chocolate muffin, tea, and a Coke. Although the tea and Coke got me hyped up I also had the problem of really having to go to the bathroom around halfway through the test. The other kids in the test also thought I was nuts when I kept making jazz hands to pump myself up (I attribute my ACT score to my excessive use of jazz hands during the breaks).

All the tests here have been essays and I felt confident on my essays today. You cannot leave the room for the last ten minutes of the exam and I had finished my essays and gone through them with 12 minutes left. I was then left with the choice of going through my answers more and adding little facts here and there and having to wait 10 minutes to get out of the room or just getting out of there and reuniting with my sister. Naturally, I chose Grace.

I got into the city and met up with the girls at Penney's, where they were doing some shopping. I then took Grace and we went on the short scenic tour of Dublin and then took the double decker bus back to UCD campus. Now she is napping and we are getting ready to go out to karaoke.

It's going to be a fun two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment