Friday, May 28, 2010

Home

After 4.5 months of living the dream in Europe I have finally arrived back in the great city of Chicago and am writing this entry from my very own chair in my very own family room in my very own house.

Grace and I got on the plane at Charles de Galle after almost failing to get a taxi and checking in our bags that were thankfully underweight, but more on that in later entries. After the eight hour flight we arrived at O'Hare Int'l Airport at 2:30 local time. We went through passport check, as well as customs, and they saw nothing suspicious and let us in the country. We then went out to the waiting area only to be greeted by our parents and Aunt Pat (from Maui) waving American flags, and I was happy to see the good old red, white, and blue waving in the air of the land of the free and the home of the brave.

We arrived at home and as soon as we got in the door we turned around to realize that Freddy, the small child from next door, was also inside. Apparently my family has adopted other children since I've been gone (or at least let them play with the pets), but Freddy was cute enough and likes hanging out with my dad so I was glad to have another scapegoat to blame things on in the house ("Freddy must left those red stilettos in the middle of the floor"). For dinner we had a lot of Grace and my favorites and for dessert my aunt brought some pastries from Maui.

Naturally I had to show my family all the great souvenirs that I had accumulated throughout the past four months and did not wait long to do so. I also got a surprise when I went into my room and found that my mother had cleaned it while I was gone. What a wonderful (and somewhat needed) surprise!

While at home I also had the pleasure of bathing in a bathtub, and opening my dresser which reminded me that I have more clothing than the two suitcases full I brought with me to Europe (it's almost like I have amnesia).

I'm glad to be back and will be working on updating the blog with all my adventures. I know you're all panting with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment