Thursday, July 8, 2010

London to Paris

It was the penultimate leg of travel!

Grace and I woke up at 2:30 am after very little sleep to get our taxi before the 6 am flight to Paris. Our bus was at 3:30 and I was getting worried that we wouldn't have enough time to get through security and get on the plane by the time the gate closed. Anyway, we woke up and woke up our hostel owner, David, so that we could check out. I had arranged for a taxi to pick us up at 3 so we pulled all our luggage out to the curb to wait for it. While on the corner I got a call that the taxi company didn't have an available taxi to lick Grace and I up. Wasn't that the point of a reservation? Anyway, I started to get even more worried when the taxi wasn't coming and the two of us were standing with all our possessions on the corner of a London street at 3 in the morning. Eventually two police officers walked by and asked us if everything was ok. Naturally, I started talking very quickly in a high-pitched voice and they knew I was distressed. As they were trying to find us a taxi our reserved taxi pulled up and we were on our way to the bus stop.

We pulled up to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling up so I was relieved that we would at least make it to the airport. We got on the bus and were on our way.

As soon as we pulled into the airport I was on my feet ready to sprint down the length of the terminal. It didn't come to that because Grace and I got through bag check and security in twenty-five minutes. The gate wasn't even open by the time we were through. Talk about being a travel warrior.

When we got on the plane Grace and I immediately fell asleep as per usual but it was only an hour long flight so we didn't get too much rest. When we got to Charles de Gaulle I had to switch shoes because my boots were hurting my blisters and then we were off!

I asked someone at the airport the best way to get to our hostel and she suggested taking a bus to Paris and then taking a cab directly up to Montmarte where our place was so that is what we did. The only problem we encountered was getting on the bus with our massive luggage but we did get to our hostel and when we arrived our room wasn't ready so we invaded Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment