Monday, April 19, 2010

Farewell Dinner

Tonight we went to a farewell put on by the Quinn Business School for all the study abroad students. It was at the Arlington Hotel downtown and a lot of good craic.

We got treated to a three course meal which worked for me. One of the highlights was when the waitress came around taking drink orders. I ordered a coke and she asked if I knew that drinks were being paid for by the school and then asked why wouldn't I get an alcoholic beverage. I told her I would just stick with the coke, thanks anyway. Then she felt kinda bad. Everyone at the table thought that was pretty hilarious. I did however try a Bailey's with dessert and that was delicious!

We also had entertainment during dinner. First a band came on stage and played some traditional Irish tunes, which always make me smile (unless its one of the really tragic ones, and there are quite a few of those). After the band four Irish dancers took the stage and preformed. It was a great show, although they may not have been up to Riverdance standards. They did play "Lord of the Dance" quite a few times which had Stacy and I singing along. Here are some videos:





After dinner we tried to meet up with some classmates at The Porterhouse but there must have been a change of plans because they we're there so we took the bus home. And we have Farewell Dinner II tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment